Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 10:25 PM   #11153 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
One problem I have with seeing soldiers as war criminals is that it throws up such a strange bunch of culprits. If I subscribed to Frownland's suggestion, I'd now be outing as war criminals the following:-

George Washington
Johnny Cash
Gene Autry
John Coltrane
Tony Bennett
Ray Manzarak (Doors)
Jason Everman (Nirvana)
Rapper Mystikal
James Blunt

Isn't there something weird about Coltrane being chucked into the same category as Adolf Eichmann? Here for comparison are some biographical details, so that you can judge for yourselves the extent to which they are equally guilty of war crimes:-
Totes. I never said that war criminals couldn't have a cool life, good ideas, or meaningful influence. Their decision to be a part of the military is amoral because of the horrors of war that it entails and the acceptance of those horrors that their involvement perpetuates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
if I were to argue anything I'd say we all hold some responsibility for the actions of our respective governments regardless of whether we enlist
Porque no los dos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ In my opinion, your third grade teacher's advice isn't adequate when you're making unfounded allegations of murder, outside the accepted legal definition of the term, on an internet forum.
Unfounded allegations of murder? I define murder as killing a human being. What do you think happens in war?

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote