Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #6123 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
One of the things I've noticed with this network is that don't show the first few seasons of any show. Never seen a Three's Company with Suzanne Summers, a a Family Ties without the addition of the 4th child, or an Alice with Flo.

A lot of what I'm seeing is after the shows were in their prime. That accounts for some of the lower scores.
Just figured it out. The network is called Antenna TV. They play nothing but stale and old reruns which must be really cheap to buy for re-broadcast.

1 out of every 2 commercials is one of those gut wrenching ones where someone pleads for you to help out ($$$). Kids with cancer, abused animals, animals on the brink of extinction, save a life, etc.

I've been the seeing the same damn 8-10 commercials played over and over again for the months I've been watching the network.

The agencies asking for money are St. Jude's, the ASPCA, the WWA, and the Save a Life Worldwide Foundation.

I think the 4 of them got together with a savvy Marketing group and came up with this idea: Get lots of people laughing and reminiscing over these old (cheap) shows and then tug at their hearts during the commercials to get donations.

Brilliant.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote