Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 05:21 PM   #6128 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Just figured it out. The network is called Antenna TV. They play nothing but stale and old reruns which must be really cheap to buy for re-broadcast.

1 out of every 2 commercials is one of those gut wrenching ones where someone pleads for you to help out ($$$). Kids with cancer, abused animals, animals on the brink of extinction, save a life, etc.

I've been the seeing the same damn 8-10 commercials played over and over again for the months I've been watching the network.

The agencies asking for money are St. Jude's, the ASPCA, the WWA, and the Save a Life Worldwide Foundation.

I think the 4 of them got together with a savvy Marketing group and came up with this idea: Get lots of people laughing and reminiscing over these old (cheap) shows and then tug at their hearts during the commercials to get donations.

Brilliant.
Luckily now we get to record all our shows, so hit that fast-forward button as soon as I see a sad kid in a desert, a distressed looking animal, or just that awful sad piano music that ALWAYS accompanies these ads.