Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Elvis Country (I'm 10,000 Years Old)" by Elvis Presley
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Elvis also done Country, Gospel music, (at least one) Hawaiian song, and Pop music btw. That whole " ... appropriated music from the African-American community" is a historian's fallacy.
Sounds like cultural appropriation on a massive scale. His estate should be paying reparations!

Quote:
If you really enjoy something from another culture and actively get involved in it that is somehow wrong? He also had fans who were Black, you know. He bought a Cadillac for a black lady. He use to hang out on Beale Street. Ike Turner remembers Elvis hanging around listening him play piano. At the time Elvis Presley was the furthest thing from a racist.
"I have black friends".

Quote:
It use to be a recorded music was labeled either Race records or Hillbilly. Then they changed those title to R&B and Old Time respectively out of more respect for Black and rural artists. Then Rock and Roll came and there were a group of artist like Little Richards, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry et al who didn't mind "white" artists playing the same music. But it was all "white" artists. Ritchie Valens was a Californian of Mexican decent. Link Wray was a Shawnee Native American. Connie Francis was an Italian-American. Buddy Holly married a Peurto Rican. Bo Diddley had a back up band that include black and white females. The early days of Rock Roll was about inclusion. If you fail to see the inclusiveness of early Rock and Roll than you must be hater yourself.
"I have LOTS of black friends".

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote