Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Elvis Country (I'm 10,000 Years Old)" by Elvis Presley
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 01:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
You should read that and look yourself in the mirror at the same time.
I think you'll find that, if you go through my comment history, I never attack people personally for not liking something - not even as a joke. I'll defend what I see merit in, but only ever by sharing what I personally like about it.

Quote:
Yeah well I don't have a thread asking for "recommendations" only to use it as a premise to dismiss other people's taste in music.
I gave everything a fair shake and an honest, personal opinion. And liked plenty. Recently enough, both Batty and Mondo Bungle have show me several really great things.

Quote:
Joy Division was only an example, I've seen you brag how you don't like Rock and Roll, or Jangle Rock etc etc.
"Brag"? I've just stated it as an explanation as to why I often end up being the guy who gives the lowest score on a well liked rock album. It tends to not be my thing. I could also pretend that I have a history loving rock, but what purpose would that serve?

Quote:
FYI I don't use the '"unnassailable" (misspelled btw) label.' Use the MB search function if doubt me.
I don't think I said you used it. I don't doubt you.

Quote:
I just think if a person is real, then they recognize things that are real, not prop up what is fake. If you can't appreciate him as a person or his music then that fault doesn't lie with Elvis, that's on you. You got to do some soul searching to figure out why.
I never use the word "utterly" because it makes anyone sound like a pretentious snob, but that was utterly ridiculous.

I'll go listen to some fake music now, I guess.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote