Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Elvis Country (I'm 10,000 Years Old)" by Elvis Presley
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 09:21 AM   #32 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

Elvis returns to his roots with an album of country covers. The song selection covers a variety of country styles (Western swing, honky tonk, bluegrass, rockabilly, and more) and features songs by some of the most well-known country artists of the 50's and 60's (Willie Nelson, Bill Monroe, Lester Flatt, Lee Hazlewood, Ernest Tubb, Bob Wills, Hank Cochran, and many more.)
With Elvis, it was all about his voice and he doesn't disappoint for a second on this album. The range, the dynamics, the soul, the intensity, are all there throughout every song on the album. Top-notch musicianship and excellent production from start to finish, combined with the vocals, makes this one a winner.

My only complaint with the album is the way snippets of a song ("I'm 10,000 Years Old") keep fading in and out after every track on the album. I found that to be a bit of a distraction/annoyance while I was listening to it. I would've preferred it if the song had just been added to the album in it's entirety as one of the album's tracks.

An interesting pick from Elvis Presley's discography. 8/10

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote