Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #175 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Instead of waiting for my post to appear so I can edit it, I'm going for another round!

I really just wanted to post the track just below, but then decided to see what else I could find of interest.

Skinflint - Birds and Milk Bloody Milk (Official Music Video)

A three piece metal band from Botswana with a white dude on guitar/vocals and a green lipstick wearing chick on drums? Not your everyday metal ensemble. I really dig the simple, down and dirty feel of this. The vocalist is corny as ****, but in just the right way. Another pretty cool track from the same band: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPe4aizlz9U.

Neko Case - "Bad Luck"

Alt-country queen Neko Case has a new album out this year, titled Hell-On. Judging from this track, the vibe is poppier than usual. I'm probably buying it some time, so I don't want to hear any more from it. I choose to trust that Case knows what she's doing.

Alela Diane - To Begin

From her 2011 album, Wild Divine. Pretty straight forward blues edged singer/songwriter material. I think she's got a good voice and the songs seemed solid when I checked the album out on spotify. Good sound quality on the album too. Just seems like it's good, high quality material.

Jenny Hval - Spells (Official Audio)

Jenny Hval's got a new EP out titled The Long Sleep. This particular track has some pretty great atmosphere going for it. Best use of saxophone I've heard in a while.

Last edited by MicShazam; 05-29-2018 at 03:41 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote