Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 12:35 AM   #21494 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I don’t go to the movies anymore because there’s no art house near me and the movies they show all either suck or would be just the same as watching tv except I can’t pause and rewind and slow-mo and ****.

The last movie I went to was Life of Pi. IMAX 3D is cool but they butchered a great book.

Like if it’s $12 or whatever shouldn’t it have the brutality of like the exorcist or hostel and all the huge 3D **** so it’s not just a replica of what I get at home?

But whatever movies are making billions now so what do I know

I know people have **** taste and all this superhero **** sucks a ding dong

Even though I’ve just been sitting around it’s still such a waste of time

So ****ing boring - like watching 3 hours of commercials
I've liked a small handful of super hero movies, but you're basically spot-on. I don't have any problems with the fact that people like them, but getting pissy when someone dosn't like them is weird. It's cynical, commercial trash made by huuuuuge greedy companies. Those movies almost beg to be shat on, even when they're good.

There's a fantastic art-house cinema near where I live, but there's also a good movie down at the big one now and then. The high price level in Danish theaters keep me from going more than once a month or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
PS

JTF

Nobody gives a **** if you’re alone or not

I know people who are like that at restaurants

People won’t get a nice meal by themselves

Why the **** not? Bring a ****ing book
Totally agree. If I'm bored one evening and have the money, why not go out and get a nice meal? Damn. I should do that some time. Bring a book, headphones and get a three course dinner (and plenty of wine)! If you're lucky, they'll mistake you for a food critic and treat you extra nice.

I've even managed to be the only person in a whole theater once (watching some unfortunate movie - I think it was Men in Black 2)
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote