Music Banter - View Single Post - Is violence ever the answer?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 02:16 PM   #111 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Youre justifying if your action is reasonable. Lets try this without a moral question.

Are you justified in believing in god or the flat earth? Now apply the same logic to decide if an action is justified.
It sounds like you want to apply how we define truth to how we define morality. I’m not so sure why you’re following elph around with this question.

I still believe that the only objective knowable truth is the Cartesian I think therefore I am.

After that there’s very close to completely objective truths that come by virtue of definition: a triangle has three sides.

God and flat earth like non-truths are still very objectively true but less so by a **** hair.

We do not have moral absolutes in the same way. Every action is surrounded by and influenced by countless other actions. Morality is subjective. I figure most folks would conclude the same unless they believe in God and even more they don’t just believe that God chooses to be moral but rather that something is moral because God chooses it, like killing your own son, for example.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote