Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 06:06 AM   #10289 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Never had the DLC till I pirated that **** but I haven't gotten that far in replaying ME2 yet. ****ing DLC. If it's important to the story then why the **** doesn't it come with the game?

Because EA is contractually obliged by the Hell that spawned them, to torment us all.
And seriously, I didn't even name the worst offender here:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Remember how in ME3, there is no batarian homeworld ? how it's the first victim of the repaers, and how suddenly the batarians hate you, even plot against you ? There's a good reason for that - in the arrival dlc in ME2, you.. destroy their mass relay, effectively blowing up the planet and killing like 95% of all batarians. because the reapers would get in anyway, because they're only a couple of weeks away.. which is a nice buildup for the "surprise" attack in the beginning of ME3..

And the worst thing is, that if it was some other game, you could probably see a youtube compilation of their plot and cut scenes so you don't have to buy or play them.. but here ? Take the Citadel dlc - apart from adding a whole new neighborhood to the citadel, apart from a fun quest, the whole dlc is a buildup to a party.. and the amount of variables at that party is staggering and depends on your choices, in this and previous games. It's still on youtube, but a compilation of it all while fun, is nowhere near the actual fun of having a party for your friends, who you made on the way here, on the eve of you all probably dying fighting the reapers..
Sigh..
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote