Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 10:55 AM   #10293 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
I always felt it was a strange argument for people to **** on developers for being money hungry. Isn't that there motivation for making the game? Would you walk into a Burger King and yell at the cashier because you have to pay for a burger? Though I know EA is notorious for it, but if a developer is simply excited about making money on their creation (without loot boxes etc) I don't see an issue.

As Bat said, I find your shooting yourself in the foot if you don't buy a game simply because of the devs havits. Again this isn't including loot boxes which I think are the spawn of Satan in video games. If you enjoy a game, who cares if the devs wanna monetize it. It's when they take advantage of their fanbase that causes the backlash I think.
As someone without XBox Live I am rather livid with EA for neither releasing the DLC with the standard game or making "Game of the Year" editions like Fallout and Elder Scrolls where you get the DLC on a disc. I mean that Mass Effect Trilogy edition that didn't even have the DLC was garbage. It's a slap to the face that you're buying a compilation that's supposed to be the whole thing but still forces you to spend more money.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote