Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 01:28 PM   #8227 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I definitely meant it as praise. While I can't say that I feel like watching all of it, there's a certain atmosphere to the show and it's probably the best show of it's kind. I honestly think that the versions of Bruce Wayne/Batman and the Joker portrayed in this show are the best to this day. All other takes on these characters since, in movies and games at least, have just been playing catch-up.
Absolutely. Heath Ledger's Joker is amazing but feels more like a character based on the Joker, whereas Hamill's portrayal is just the Joker. I doubt anyone could better him. I totally hear his voice when I read the comics and I don't even want to come up with my own internal interpretation because it's just not gonna be as good. Same with Kevin Conroy's Batman.

But if you ever want me to rec you what I consider the best five episodes to check out then it's just another excuse to talk about B:TAS.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote