Music Banter - View Single Post - Is violence ever the answer?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #137 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I think it's because we have a sense of justice, and the death penalty is uneven punishment

why would our empathy for a drunk driver supersede our empathy for the future victims?
Because driving drunk isn't a conscious effort to murder. It's a mistake made by somebody with impaired judgement and doesn't guarantee that anybody will get hurt. That's why morals come from empathy and not a set of rules. Rules imply things are always black and white while empathy shows that there are some very grey areas.

Also, it's kind of a sick use of the slippery slope fallacy to assume that there will be future victims of every DUI arrest. Reminds me of anti gay propaganda from the 50s where they assumed that every homosexual would be a child predator.

^Real commercial they used to air on American television in the 50s. Probably inspiring to [merit].
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote