Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 09:23 AM   #482 (permalink)
Key

There's something in the air this year for gaming. If you were to tell me the amount of games I would be playing in 2018, back in 2017, I probably wouldn't have even believed you. However, it seems like 2018 is actually potentially turning out to be a better year in gaming than 2017, and man did we have a lot of great releases last year. So I basically just want to touch on some of the games that I've already had a good time with this year.

Dungreed

Dungreed is an interesting one for me. While I haven't put nearly as much time into the game as I would have hoped or liked, I still find myself doing a run or two every now and again, and I think that's enough to put it on this list. While that may be the case, don't let that scare you away from the potential quality that is in this game. In the near hour that I've played this game so far though, I can say that I will be finding myself having more fun with this game even if it won't take that long to finish completely. The graphics style is really cool, and the gameplay is certainly one to remember. It just doesn't seem like there is a lot more there than what you see at this point. Fortunately it was cheap, but it may take me a bit longer to 100% it than it might with most people.

Radical Heights

Don't let people's opinions keep you from playing this game.Yes, Radical Heights is yet another Battle Royale game, but god damn this game does enough things different to warrant this positive review from yours truly. Radical Heights is as I said a Battle Royale game, but they mixed that together with some 80's style overlay that sits atop the entire game, and it truly makes the game a much better experience. Gunplay is also very very fun, and feels responsive every time you hit someone. In the 4 hours that I've played, I've probably come close to winning at least 10 times. I go on killing sprees because I'm quick to finding weapons. By the way, weapons are very scarce, so sometimes you'll have to take risks. Usually the risk pays off though but don't find yourself in a corner with no weapon. That's the worst.

Wizard of Legend

I think it's been since Enter The Gungeon that I've played a game as truly difficult and frustrating as that one. Wizard of Legend certainly fills that void now. While Enter The Gungeon did a lot of things perfectly, the difference in weapon style between the two games is really refreshing. As opposed to wielding guns and getting upgrades throughout your run, you instead can buy upgrades at the beginning of the run, and go through the run with a certain build. Did I also mention that instead of guns, you're basically a wizard with magical powers? I know that sounds cheesy but it really works in this game. You basically control a wizard character and you progressively fight harder and harder bosses. The combat is very twin stick shootery but it works for the game, especially when you can rack up some killer combos with your moves. I'd strongly recommend using a controller though because the buttons require you to be able to press them constantly and comfortably. I've not put a lot of time into the game, but that's more due to the fact that I haven't even been able to get past the first level, let alone the first boss. It's a tough game. If you're looking for something like Enter The Gungeon that will straight up kick your ass with no mercy? Well, then check out Wizard of Legend.