Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Metal Classics: "Carnivore" by Carnivore
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 02:29 AM   #24 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Why does metal exist? Cause it's louder than not-metal. The entire purpose of metal is to burst skulls. This is why punk and metal go so well together. This is why so much prog metal is garbage, not just because it's recycled Genesis, but because it doesn't understand the simple principle that metal needs to destroy your speakers.
Unsurprisingly, I respectfully disagree with this. Metal isn't just about being heavy and aggressive. Not to me. It's a genre that foregoes some amount of subtlety in favor of amplification, but you can do a lot within the boundaries of the various musical traits that make metal what it is - not to mention break those boundaries and do something really interesting.

I just changed my album picks for the MB Metal Classics yesterday and one of those albums nicely encapsulates what's cool about metal in my eyes, in a way. The Arkona album, Yav. It's got everything that defines metal under one roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Ey.

It's good too, of course, but there's a particular song on the other album that's my favorite from the band.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote