Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 08:57 AM   #483 (permalink)
Key

As I mentioned previously, there is truly something in the air this year when it comes to gaming, and the announcement of Fallout 76 is certainly not only refreshing, but exciting. As much as we know right now, it's tough to say whether we're going to get exactly what we want from a Fallout game, or it's going to be at least pretty good and it'll still be enjoyable. So far, rumors have stated that we're going to be looking at a potentially PvP multiplayer style Fallout game, and while that sounds like Bethesda are trying to cash in on the Battle Royale genre, I like to be optimistic and think they may put their own magic into it. It's tough to say really.

Let's think about it for a second. When Fallout 4 was released, there was obviously a lot of hype surrounding it, and in some cases, it fell short. But I genuinely still enjoyed the game and I have still continued to enjoy it even after my first full playthrough. The game is a lot of fun, and graphically it looks nice. However, mods tend to make them shine even more. In some ways, I feel like Fallout 4 was sort of a pre-test, and then the behemoth of Far Harbor was released for it, and man...that sucked me right back in. As a DLC, it's fantastic, but I really feel like Far Harbor could have easily been its own game with how much content they put into it. But that's enough about that.

The reason I'm really excited to see Fallout 76 is not only for the promise of something different, but it's also a way for Bethesda to one up themselves from their prior release. Sure people may have been looking for a Fallout 3 remaster or something along the lines of a Fallout: New Vegas 2, but hey, we really don't know much right now so it's still a possibility. We all know how Bethesda likes to tease their fanbase. I mean...with this one, they had a 24 hour livestream with the same image showing for 24 straight hours. Now, if I've ever seen anyone create hype about a game, that's certainly the way to do it.

If we are looking at a multiplayer Fallout game, again, I'm all for it. And I'm sure we all would love to get put into the same overlaying server so that we can all experience the game together.

With as little as we know obviously, I would say it's still worth being excited for, especially since it's Bethesda of all people. If this were some other game developer that I love but didn't have the background like Bethesda had, I don't think the hype would be strong. All I (and we) can really hope for is something fun to play, and something true to Fallout.

We'll see.