Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #484 (permalink)
Key

I can't be held responsible for finding "yet another game" on Steam that I need to play right away. It's happened so far with Hand of Fate, Radical Heights, Arkham Asylum, and even Shadow of War to an extent. It just keeps happening too, and the list of games to buy tends to grow longer and longer as time goes on. Thanks to Twitch and Youtube obviously for always keeping me in the know of the current games going right now. It's nice. Anyway, here's a small list of games that are on my "to buy" list at this very moment. Keep in mind I may do another part to this post in a couple months to see where things went and how things are going. Anyway:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I can't really decide what it is but Kingdom Come: Deliverance seems to be something right up my alley. Seeing as I like open worlds, engaging combat, and a rich story. The thing is, something about this game turns people off and I don't want to spend the time in a game like this to come to find out that I wouldn't appreciate it. Still, I hear the game is heavily story based which is exciting to me because as I said, I love a good story. I loved Divinity Original Sin 2's story. I love Fallout 3's story. A good story in a game truly makes the game that much more engaging so it's ultimately impressive to make a game that not only looks and plays really good, but also tells a rich story that you feel involved in. From what I gathered that's what Kingdom Come: Deliverance has to offer. So it's patiently waiting on my "to buy" list until I muster up the courage to take it on.

Monster Hunter World

Apparently they have scheduled a release date for a PC port of Monster Hunter World and god damn does that have me excited. I've loved watching everything about Monster Hunter World since it came out. I binge watched many many hours of streams and videos of the game, and I just wanted to get in there and get involved in the action packed gameplay that I was watching. Luckily, I will be able to play on my console of choice which is of course, PC. And I'm excited to see how far I get until I start throwing my controller around the room. Only joking obviously, but Monster Hunter World is honestly one of the first games I will be buying that I'll probably spend most to 300 hours on it, if I'm honest. Can't wait!

Pillars of Eternity I & II

Let's be completely honest, I need to play these games. If I'm a lover of games like Divinity where the gameplay is almost identical to what I prefer, and if I'm looking for a rich story to put a lot of time into, Pillary of Eternity I & II are both games that are very high on my "to buy" list. So much so that they may be the next pair of games I buy, honestly. I've heard nothing but fantastic things about this series, and I really want to experience it for myself. From what I've seen, the gameplay, combat, all of it is something I will love. Again, with my love of Divinity so much, this game feels so natural of me to have in my library. And so it will happen very soon. Expect a review on these two games in the future.

For Honor

For Honor is a tricky one for me because I know all about the controversies revolving this game that caused it to die very quickly upon release. However, I have heard that it recently got a lot of work done to it and it's slowly but surely getting revived again. Thus, that puts For Honor right back on my "to buy" list. I've always been interested to see how I would do in that type of combat style, and it seems like yet another game I could potentially put hundreds of hours into. The only thing I fear with this game is that if I buy the PC version, are the servers going to be tough to fill? That's something I'll have to learn the hard way, unless I just simply research it. At the same time, I don't necessarily blame people for not wanting to play the game right now since it did have a pretty rough start. But, there is always hope. I mean, look at Rainbow Six: Siege. That game died, revived, died, and now it's popular yet again. For good reason too because the game is great. So yeah, For Honor will be a game I sink some time into, but not at this current moment.