Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #51927 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
I'm thankful that I received the same little word of advice from three trusted friends who each suggested that taking care of fish adds great joy, responsibility, and purpose to one's life. Having a giant house all to myself, I began with plants but feel I'm ready for the little-finned fellas now.

I bought a 5ft tall 45-gallon aquarium and load of supplies, prepped and cycled it Sunday with the help of a generous friend, tested my levels, compiled research, authored a process guide, and scheduled calendar events to maintain a spreadsheet of their levels and health with acceptable ranges of 5-factors of measurement for each species.

I'm going to try to be a good fishy daddy.

Funky LED Night Light

Ladies and gentlemen, meet my new friends - Stockhausen, Cage, Riley, Moondog, Glass, and Reich. And next week if the ammonia balances, I'll introduce Bryars, Adams, Conrad, Young, Oliveros, Nyman, Richter, and Voigt.

Easter Island mo'ai statues will arrive Friday to give the little guys some more fun places to hide.

And I shall call their little world, The ENO. Because I can.

Please forgive the amateur photography - I've got to learn how to shoot underwater. For those curious, I am beginning with easy, mild-tempered fish:

- Dwarf Male Gourami
- Green Swordtail
- Red Mickey Mouse Platy
- Dalmatian Balloon Molly
- Sunset Thicklip Gourami
- and a stealthy Plecostomus I've not yet been able to capture quite yet

They're forming little communities and settling in nicely. Caring for these little guys will be of great value in my life. Thanks for letting me share!

Photos for the curious
I'm just gonna go ahead and predict that Cage eats Voigt. Silently, of course. And then composes a piece to commemorate the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You spreadsheet your fish, you crazy bastard?
It was the bolded that got me more than that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I sincerely hope I never have to work for you.
I bet he does, too!