Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 11:44 PM   #12114 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Ad hominem is so boring.
And OH's rhetoric of him being blind because he's not a total pessimist is not just as lazy and boring?

It's not like DWV is denying that we're ****ed by our current capitalist system, he's just saying that some people **** themselves over by giving up in the first place.

And I find it completely ironic because they'll **** on the downtrodden just as much as anybody else. Mock people for working fast food or mock people for not having a proper education. Like, oh, wow, you recognize that this system ****s us over but you lack the self awareness to realize that both of ya'll are cogs in the machine.

At least I can respect Elph because he seems to be trying rather than just bitching. But at what point has OH's overwhelming sense of pessimism kept him where he's at? He seems to get pissy at anybody trying to enjoy what little they have as if they're supposed to be as miserable as him. It's as if everything he said about that 'oh, damn!' post about Chula is filled with a lot of projection because the only difference between these two bitter old men is that OH embraced his misery and is much funnier when dispersing it. Of course many of us are extremely limited in what we can do to better our positions but at what point are people essentially stripping themselves of that power by thrusting the accountability for their own lives at everything but themselves?
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote