Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #855 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
What is Nirvana's clame to fame? The grunge era? Ripping off The Pixies and Sonic Youth? Nirvana is no match for G N R, which is arguably the greatest band in the last 30 years.
While I think Nirvana is fine, I'm not really bothering to argue against your take on them. But calling Guns & Roses the best band of the last 30 years? You're free to hold that opinion, but I wouldn't let them near a top 500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
More than make changes themselves, Nirvana just brought those changes to the mainstream. The true innovators were the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Black Sabbath, Lou Reed, Metallica, Van Halen, Def Leppard, ect.
Actually, the Beatles never did anything but bring the new ideas of better bands to the main stream in an easily digestible form. Bowie arguably fits the same mould, although at times less easy on the ears.

The Beatles are one of the most overrated groups of all time. They were barely even mediocre as musicians. They did, however, have some damn catchy tunes and strong marketing. That's what made them what they are.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote