Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Metal Classics: "When the Kite String Pops" by Acid Bath
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

my absolute favorite metal album of all time, undisputed. I can't remember a time in my life that didn't include it. When I first was beginning my metal journey, I asked my dad if I could borrow some Maiden CDs of his, and other stuff, but at some point he just tossed this my way on his own merit, pretty good call on his part.

A lot of talk goes around about its diversity and spectrum of influences, but it all melts together in a way that is so natural you wonder why nothing else sounds like it. Each instrument including the vocals is at max legibility with just about perfect production on every element, only potentiated by the fact that everyone in the band is a stellar musician. The rhythm section shines nonstop, dual guitar attack with distinct qualities and sound to each half, some of my favorite and imo most original vocals in extreme metal, fringes of noise and psychedelia, riffs to end all riffs, and an amazingly smooth loud/soft dynamic.

I never don't listen to it in full.

Quote:
I hear your mouth moving but can't hear what you say
and I don't think I'd give a FUCK anyway
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote