Music Banter - View Single Post - Interest check: MB Artist Classics?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 12:21 AM   #36 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
It's only Tuesday and I'm thinking we wait till we complete the Bowie discog before kicking another artist off, but I'm kind of leaning towards either The Cure or The Smiths. Votes for either, or any other choices for the first artist we do?

Also, the plan is to do as we are with Bowie, one album per day, but the polls won't close (maybe at all) so there's no hurry to do each album as it comes up. It just keeps the interest for those who are, well, interested enough in the artist, rather than take a week on each album, and it also helps hurry up the queue so that we're not, like me, old and grey by the time we get to the tenth or so artist.

Everyone ok with that?
I've got no complaints about this plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
The VU

Also to avoid saturation maybe we should do every other day.
Although Frownland does have a point. One album per day is a bit much if you're not very familiar with the artist in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Did anyone else find going through the bowels of Bowie’s mediocrity depressing?

I’d rather pretend some of those records didn’t exist. It’s like going over old times- you’re supposed to gloss over the bad stuff
While I wasn't super familiar with his discography beforehand - going through all of this certainly made Bowie seem more like a guy who was just willing to throw caution to the wind and try stuff out, rather than a musical genius.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote