Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 08:49 AM   #506 (permalink)
Key

E3: Final Thoughts and Games I'm Excited For

As far as I can tell, there weren't really any big releases from the showcases that I didn't see. I read the news about Nintendo's big reveals, and that's pretty much what I expected from Nintendo. They already had their golden year with Breath of the Wild and Odyssey. So I wasn't really sure what they were going to bring to E3. They didn't leave empty handed since they released a brand new Super Smash Bros. Seems to be the idea that they want to get all the characters in one place, which is perfectly acceptable. Why not do that? Otherwise, I didn't see anything breathtakingly great to be super excited for. But hey, Nintendo still have the whole year. There's still time.

Anyway, as E3 comes to a close, there's been a lot of announcements, especially since Xbox revealed a **** ton. So I wanted to make a short but sweet list of games that I'll be picking up or looking forward to this year.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: I think it's been since the first Assassin's Creed that I even played the games. It's been several years since I've even touched an Assassin's Creed game, but I've always heard the series as a whole has been a bit rocky. I know as well that Assassin's Creed: Origins was met with pretty positive feedback. Then we heard the release of Assassins' Creed Odyssey, and my interest in the series somehow folded backwards. This'll be a game I'll try out and test the waters with. I don't know yet if I'm going to play the rest of the series, but this game looks cool and interesting enough that it has piqued my interest.

Doom Eternal: I played not only a **** ton of the multiplayer in Bethesda's last Doom release, but the main story mode was also a **** ton of fun. I had no idea there was even talk of a sequel in the works, but Bethesda was nice enough to surprise us with not only the name of the sequel, but a pretty badass trailer of what it will look like to run through Hell. You taking notes, EA? You actually want to show the game sometimes. Doom Eternal went right on my "going to buy" list. I'm sure it won't disappoint and it'll hopefully revive the Doom multiplayer community.

Fallout 76: Yet another Bethesda release but this should really surprise nobody. I've been looking forward to another Fallout game since I finished the Far Harbor DLC on Fallout 4. Everything they've announced for the game so far has gotten me more and more excited. I appreciate that they are not only trying something new, but they're also being very cautious as to how they present this new Fallout game. There's a bit of skepticism around it, which is fair when a game gets changed, but I don't think we have anything to fear. Especially since it's Bethesda. Now if it were like Xbox or some other big company releasing this game, I'd understand the nerves. But I don't think Bethesda will ruin one of their most successful franchises. They also wouldn't do that to the fans.

That's about it tbh. A lot of games that were Xbox exclusives will be games I probably won't play so I'm not really going to bother talking about them. I hope everybody has at least something to look forward to this year. It may not become one of the best years in gaming, but it's got potential for sure.