Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #879 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
Trollheart so you agree with me that G n R were one of the best rock bands of the 80's and 90s and had a great run. Appetite is one of the best debut rock albums and the Illusions are filled with fantastic tunes. A magic brew of inspiration, blood, sweat, tears, anger, tenderness and swagger. Oh alright, and a teensy bit of narcotics. I think The Spaghetti Incident is really, really underrated. "Appetite for Destruction" is one of the finest albums of the 80s in my opinion. Still sounds fresh today. Whatever you want to say about what followed but Appetite For Destruction still remains one of the most explosive debuts of all time, not many bands sounded this hungry and dangerous as G'N'R did in 1987. But I wish they released a great album in late 1990s as well. As much as I love the sprawling and epic Illusions, they were released the same month as a certain album that changed everything.
Where did I say that? Talk about ****in' hyperbole! All I said was I like them, know some songs and actually I don't have any of their albums. I don't hate them but I sure dont love them and no, I do NOT agree they were one of the best rock bands of the 80s or 90s: there were hundreds better. Literally. They were nothing special. They hit the sweet spot with a few tracks, had a shtick going and were entertaining for a few moments, but other than that, forgettable and certainly not one of the greats by any means.

Jeez! You really only read what you want to read, don't you? You related to Trump, by any chance?