Music Banter - View Single Post - Micshazam's album and song picks
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 11:57 AM   #176 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Here's the results of the last few days of digging around on the interwebs for new music.

---

Artist: Mitra Sumara
Album: Tahdig
Release: June 8/2018

Mitra Sumara are a New York based Farsi pop band of sorts.
The keyboard playing in the embedded track (below) is simply drop-dead gorgeous.
Currently one of the 2018 albums that I'm most excited about getting my hands on.
I might have to hurry, as this one seems fairly obscure.

---

Artist: Patricia Vonne
Album: Top of the Mountain
Release: March 23/2018

Some very fun, basic American rock music. I love the clear, vibrant sound of this track.
Not exactly the kind of music I typically like the most, but I think this has so much personality and life to it, that I might take the chance and get the album.

Check out the lead single:

---

Artist: Laura Jean
Album: Devotion
Release: June 8/2018

The track below isn't the most original slice of indie pop ever, but I really like the general atmosphere of this and feel like this album could be just my kind of thing.
It's not the highest priority out of all 2018 albums, but I'm likely buying it before the end of summer, or at least the year.

Also note the short synth melody that comes in near the end of the track. Nice. Right up my alley!

---

Artist: Hop Along
Album: Bark Off Your Head, Dog
Release: April 6/2018

I really dig the vocalist and the mix of instruments here.
This album is also among the ones I'm most excited to get my hands on. Raw in a good way and very pretty.
Somewhere between an old school, rootsy vibe and more of an indie hipster vibe. I think a lot of people on this forum would like this thing.

---

Artist: Karim Sulayman - Jeannette Sorrell
Album: Apollo's Fire - Songs of Orpheus
Release: April 6/2018

Again, a bit out of my comfort zone with some classical vocal.
This guy has pipes! Very stirring delivery and the material seems interesting.
I didn't find a Youtube video, but the Allmusic page for the album has some song previews that should give you a very good idea of the level of quality of this project.

https://www.allmusic.com/album/songs...s-mw0003154776

Last edited by MicShazam; 06-14-2018 at 12:04 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote