Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 09:06 PM   #515 (permalink)
Key

An Adventure Through My Steam Library

As most of you already know pretty well by now, I'm a pretty big fan of video games. I'm strictly a PC gamer because every game I've ever played on PC has either been really rewarding and immersive, or it's just been a damn good time. And a lot of that has to do with how I feel when gaming. And using a PC and keyboard just feels right to me. I used to play console games, but other than the Wii U, I haven't actually owned a console since the Xbox 360. That's due to of course becoming strictly PC focused. So yeah, to also supplement that, I have had Steam for several years now. I think I actually signed up back in 2011, but I can't be sure. I could just look at my profile but eh. Anyway, over that time I have consistently updated my steam library of games that I keep installed and play almost all the time. A lot of the games I have already beaten, and a lot of them are games I've yet to beat. But they're games I always come back to, hence why I keep them installed.

And as you know, I like to do certain theme month style things in this journal because it keeps me motivated to keep writing, and writing is of course a second passion of mine, if you haven't gathered. I don't really say it a lot tbh, but I genuinely have a love for writing. I like putting together sentences in my head and putting them down on paper. I mean, I did make money doing it at one point but that's in the past. I still enjoy it. So, instead of doing a theme month this time, instead I'm going to focus strictly on games that I currently have installed on my Steam library. At the moment, I feel extraordinarily satisfied with my current state on Steam. All the games that I currently have installed are again, games that I go back to all the time. I feel like this'll give me a chance to not only go through and talk about games that I have commented on before, but it'll also allow me to have a heavily compiled list of games that I currently love at this moment in time. Makes it a lot easier to have a solid list of games that you could not live without. And that's what I plan to do here.

The list I will be posting will be a list of games that I plan to also do separate reviews of in this journal. I will try to keep it daily, but realistically it may be 3 or 4 days in between posts. So this journal is about to be heavily updated with more reviews about solid games that I absolutely love. I think it'll also be a lot of fun to talk about games that I haven't revisited in a week or so to get me motivated to get back into them. I go through phases but it all works out in the end.

The list below is currently as of June 14th 2018 the list of games that I give my full 100% recommendation to. Nothing about these games I hate. Everything about them I love. So here we go: (there will be links provided in this list as well once the reviews start coming out. so expect this post to also be heavily updated until the last game is reviewed.)

Batman: Arkham Asylum
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Borderlands 2
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Darkest Dungeon
Darwin Project
Dead Cells
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition

Dungreed
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Enter The Gungeon
Fable Anniversary
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Fallout: New Vegas
Flinthook
Full Metal Furies
Grim Dawn
H1Z1
Hand of Fate
Hero Siege
Heroes of Hammerwatch
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Nuclear Throne
Okhlos: Omega
Ori and the Blind Forest
Outlast 2
Oxygen Not Included
Planet Coaster
PUBG
Radical Heights
Redout
Rocket League
Shovel Knight
Sid Meier's Civilization VI
Slay The Spire
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Stardew Valley
Subnautica
Super Meat Boy
SYNTHETIK
Team Fortress 2
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Wizard of Legend
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Expect random reviews throughout the days to come. I won't be going in alphabetical order because that's not fun.

So yeah, enjoy!

Last edited by Key; 07-19-2018 at 12:02 AM.