Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #516 (permalink)
Key

Borderlands 2

One game I know I haven't talked about recently or that much in this journal is Borderlands 2. A few years back when I was working at Value Village, I had found a cheap copy of Borderlands 1 for PC, and I had never myself gone through the games before but I had always heard of them. When I played it, it was some of the most fun I've had in a first person shooter open world RPG style game. Once I sort of had my foot in the waters at this point, I decided to pick up Borderlands 2. Man, I was just taken back by everything this game had to offer during my first playthrough. I got to see Sanctuary lift off the ground for the first time, as well as make Zero a full on powerhouse of a character. As far as I can tell, it doesn't necessarily matter too much on the class you choose, but each of them definitely have their own special benefits that could potentially make you pretty OP along the way.

You have Gaige the Mecromancer, Krieg the Psycho, Axton the Commando, Maya the Siren, Zero the Assassin, and Salvador the Gunzerker. All of them with their own special traits and perks which can make the game different each playthrough while still maintaining the same atmosphere and love of the game that is truly shown throughout. The current playthrough that I'm working on now is going through as the Commando. I wanted to do just a pure full on gun shooting rampage style character, and he fits the bill right away. Haven't gotten too far into his skill tree yet to really take advantage of his perks, but I'm having a lot of fun.

To me, Borderlands 2 will always be one of those staples in video game history that people will continue to talk about. I don't think it's actually possible for these games to reach obscurity levels. The fanbase is not only one of the coolest fanbases out there, but it's also not going to let this game or this franchise fall into the obscurity that we talked about earlier. There's so much passion and love for this franchise that it just continuously gets stronger as more people realize the potential behind these games. I say potential because it would be absolutely amazing to see some kind of Borderlands 3 trailer sometime this year. We all know it's being worked on. But we've yet to really see anything about it. Once we do though, I imagine there will be a big surge in popularity for the first 2 games, which I am certainly looking forward to.

I've only logged about 30 hours or so, but that's not due to me not liking the game. It's one of those games that I keep installed so when I'm in the mood for it, it's there. I always enjoy playing it during those sessions, but I don't want to overdue and grow tired of the game any time soon. Spacing out game sessions like that helps me progress in games like this. I do it with all my single player RPG style games. No reason to play it all at once and run it dry quickly. Gotta savor it and enjoy every last piece of it.