Music Banter - View Single Post - I hate grunge.
Thread: I hate grunge.
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 12:02 PM   #890 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1976 View Post
Trollheart who do you like better? Priest or Maiden? Maiden by a country mile for me. I just think more of their material has held up over the years. I have so many t-shirts and memorabilia that I probably put Steve Harris's kids through college. Although I do like both bands.
Priest IMO have not as good songs as Maiden, I generally like every song or all but one song on a Maiden Album, but on Priest Albums apart from the first three albums I generally only like about 5 songs per album, although Rising I did like them all!!
Diehard Maiden fan. The Number of the Beast was not only my first Maiden album, but my very first Heavy Metal album. I rate them thus:
1. The Number of the Beast (this isn't because necessarily it's the best album, but because of nostalgia and it introduced me to so much)
2. Powerslave
3. Killers
4. Piece of Mind
5. Brave New World
6. Fear of the Dark

and then all the rest, with Virtual XI and The X Factor coming in way, way, way at the bottom, the latter beating the former for bottom place just by a tiny margin, mostly due to "Angel and the Gambler".

Not particularly pushed about Priest. British Steel is a good album and I love Turbo, but other than that, decent yeah but nowhere close to Maiden.