Music Banter - View Single Post - Good acoustic emo
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #75 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Never thought of it as a genre, but then again the more specific a genre becomes the more likely it has a smaller fan base, and the more likely it is a sub-sub- ... genre, more of a chance I haven't heard of it. I guess its evolution would be: Rock > Punk Rock > Hardcore Punk > Post-Hardcore Punk > Emotive Post-Hardcore aka Emo > Acoustic Emo. By the time you Acoustic Emo the Punk been blanched out of it - seems like.

Unless it is pointed out to me that a band or song is Acoustic Emo I wouldn't have the foggiest. WhateverDude use to play a lot of acoustic Punk in plug.dj. but I don't recall any examples from what he played. So I looked at a list and the first name that I've seen before was this band called Crywank. A band pop up on related videos on YouTube looking for Emo bands - so maybe there is a connection? I guess finding the name a bit weird/cringey made me remember it more.

I don't imagine myself exploring through the genre trying to know more about it.

Crywank - Memento Mori

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote