Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 03:58 PM   #12263 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
1. Fair enough. But doesn't it matter who the corruption is going to hurt you most?
Yep. Awarding corruption by acting in a reactionary way to other brands of corruption is not going to be a path I take though.

Quote:
3. Yes and no. **** does get done. It's just not the major revolution that a lot of folks wish for. It's always going to be really small baby steps as long as the foxes are guarding the hen-house - which is how the founding fathers framed it.
**** gets done unevenly and ineffectively because many of the platforms that politicians run on (like immigration or healthcare) are not issues that they actually want to solve because they drive people to the polls.

Quote:
Trump is boasting that if he were convicted of collusion and other crimes that might lead to impeachment, he'll simply pardon himself.
I really don't care about what he says until he does it tbh. He shouts crazy **** because he knows it'll take the spotlight off of his policy if people get wrapped up in silly hypotheticals.

Quote:
These are the dudes to blame in the end.

Definitely, they made a short-sighted system that devolved into an oligarchy.

Quote:
To quote Neil Peart: If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. Why not make the choice matter, if in even the slightest incremental way?
Supporting a politician would matter a lot to me because it would mean that I've abandoned my morals. I think I'll pass.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote