Music Banter - View Single Post - Should perma-banned members be given another chance?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 05:59 PM   #39 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
The point is to keep the forum structured and fair, not to stake arbitrary vendettas on those who get carried away. If people make an effort to change, why not give them one last chance after a year or so to mature, if the community still actively and vocally misses their participation?

Don't forget that Batlord was perma-banned, and technically the mods had plenty of examples of him breaking the rules. If everybody had just said "Eh, screw him, he's gone, nothing we can do about it," instead of complaining, he would have stayed gone.
I never knew that The Batlord was ever perma-banned. Maybe I forgotten he was. I thought it was a ban for a few days. I sorta recall saying I didn't want to see him banned.

There are a few other I've seen banned and I haven't noticed their behavior to be any different than a few other members on this board. I kinda understand DwnWthVwls' pov and what he is getting at.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote