Music Banter - View Single Post - Should perma-banned members be given another chance?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:34 AM   #132 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Ideally. Should the rules change as best fit the community, or should they always be enforced as they are and to the letter?
Well, they shouldn't be anal about it, obviously. You certainly want to allow for spirited discussion but you never want it to get personal. Yeah, it's a judgement call for the mods but doing absolutely nothing would be a disaster. Ideally, a mod wants to be a member first but he must also enforce the rules with a neutral mindset. Case in point, my politics are rather liberal but WF has its share of conservatives. I can't blast someone just because I disagree with him and sometimes I've had to deal with someone with views similar to mine. It's all about how personal or inflammatory one gets irregardless of the view. Anyhow, if the mods are ever talking about allowing a 'repentant' member back, I'm sure they are going to do it with a lot of caution.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote