Music Banter - View Single Post - Emo Class
Thread: Emo Class
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Emotional music? So with your ridiculous definition, Beethoven, Joy Division, Poison, Barry Manilow, and Britney Spears are/was "emo bands." Alot of bands make music to illicit emotion, which would make "emotional" a completely all-encompassing genre from classical to opera to pop to rap. So basically according to your logic, nearly every power ballad is basically an emo song and as A_Perfect_Sonnet says, that pretty much ruins the whole thing. The whole article is pretty moronic. I own all the used albums, and just because a band has emo influences, doesn't mean they're emo. Because according to that logic, my music is now electronica because I take lyrical influences from Ben Gibbard, i'm also whatever the hell genre bright eyes is, because I take vocal influences from him. I happen to own both the Used albums so assuming i've never heard them is stupid, they we're one of my favorite bands for along time. The whole article is pretty sketchy, it really doesn't give anything on the actual sound of a band. Because according to that sexo should be a genre, cause there are plenty of artists that sing about sex right?