Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #1641 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Okay. As far as Ant's idea is concerned: why would anyone assume there will be more interest or participation if we begin from scratch? And why would we? It's not the Album Club 2017, it's the Album Club. The only reason I put the year in the title is that there were older attempts at this that didn't work, so I immortalised the year I tried it, in the title. An Album Club 2018 is frankly silly. What do we do in 2019? Start a new one? And 2020? After that, of course, Trump will initiate nuclear war with anyone who looks at him cross-eyed, so that will be the end of it.

I don't mean to get at Ant, but no: if the club remains then who cares what the title is? If Ki or anyone else wants to join that's fine; there's no need to create a whole new thread for that.

So with that out of the way, let's consider. If this goes on, how many people are actually going to be taking part? As those who are already here know, there's no particular pressure any more to listen to this week's album this week. As in my case, I'm now two to three albums behind. But everyone should try to make some sort of effort, otherwise it looks as if, or it may actually be the case, the club is dying.

If people are fed up with it, fine. I don't mind, we can shut it down. I have three people at least (with one possible new addition) who are interested in keeping it going, so it would not seem to be dead yet. I'd like to hear from Frown, Psy-Fi and others as to what they think. I wonder if innerspaceboy could be tempted to come onboard? Or Mord maybe? Anyone else interested? If we continue, then we're out of a cycle very soon so that's a good time to join up if you want to.