Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Video Game Classics: Super Smash Bros Melee
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Is that an argument from authority? Why yes, I think it is..

I'm actually pretty into fighting games even though I no longer play them. Smash is widely regarded as one of the most technical fighting games because of the mechanics elph is trying to explain to you.. Get off SFs dick and do some research. I don't even like Smash, but I'm not gonna deny it's technical gameplay.
Yes, I have an opinion of Smash because I have played it before. That's not an argument from authority, it's just comparing notes and experiences with Elph.

But yeah, I thought the part where I knew every mechanic he mentioned and gave him the SF equivalent made it pretty clear that I know Melee pretty well.

My point was that Smash's higher APM is due to fundamental differences in design that don't necessarily give it a higher technical difficulty over other fighting game series. In the standard competetive match, you earn points from multiple ringouts, rather than focusing on taking your opponents' solitary life per round, and have much more space to work with. There are also far more quick-execution low-power projectiles and slap storms that bloat the APM tremendously.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote