Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite bands and WHY
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
explosions-in-my-pants
angel of tragic days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
Finch They blend pop-punk and post-hardcore amazingly, the lyrics are really good and nate has an awesome voice.
i think the same thing.

my list for now:

Sunny Day Real Estate:
they really know how to rock there instruments. the lead singer has a very different type of voice, and knows how to write good/great songs. this band pulls me in.

Alkaline Trio:
this band, is a perfect mix of punk, and pop.. there's no post hardcore or anything here. there songs go from being really personal and heart hitting to really down right stupid and funny. these three guys really know how to get there fans attention with there fun music.

Pink Floyd:
Dare i say it.. cause of there MANY amazing albums with all those amazingly writen songs.. to david gilmore guitar playing, and i dare not forget Rogers voice.. as well as whne David and Roger sing together (same time) when there voices mix its amazing, very good sound.

Judas Priest:
Rob's voice, his writings are great. Some of there songs start to sound the same after a while but i love there songs either way.. this band is amazing and really knows what there at in the metal scene.. they always catch my eye just when i expect to lose interest.

Led Zeppelin:
this band is the perfect mix of blues/pop/rock and a little hint of country here and there.. but together makes songs like All of my Love, Dy'er M'aker, tangerine, Houses of the Holy.. there sound doesn't seem awkward to me.. like Bright Eyes, he/them/that band seem to go all over many type of music aswell BUT! there music actaully changes.. like it seems like a totally different band to me. With Zeppelin its more like you can always tell your listening to them.. the way Boham was playing the drums, the way the base and guitar was being playing.. to Robert Plants amazing voice.. it was so easy for me to fall in love with this bad growing up.

thats it for now..
explosions-in-my-pants is offline   Reply With Quote