Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Video Game Classics: Super Smash Bros Melee
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 04:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Julia is one of my favorites, but Xiaoyu is my best and most played.

Also, SO to Feng.
Props. Xiaoyu is >

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I've played all of those at least a little. I even completed Beatdown many years ago. So many flaws in that game, but I had fun kicking butt and hiding from the police. Buy a new suit and suddenly the cops can't see you. Makes sense to me.
Yeah, Beatdown was flawed as hell. The frequent and obscenely long loading times kicked my ass more often than the bad guys.

Joking aside, now that I think about it, it was actually pretty damn ambitious for it's time. Lots of content and interesting risks. Not many beat-em-ups had multiple characters with unique stories and so many customization options, an open world to roam in, dozens of characters to recruit to your gang, a faction and infamy system, side missions, hidden characters/weapons depending on how you progressed through the story, etc. I mean, it wasn't as ambitious as something like Steambot Chronicles (which I still don't know how Atlas managed to fit all that **** on just one PS2 disc), but still pretty cool.

I've gotta ask, though. What was your experience with God Hand like?
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote