Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 02:14 PM   #21732 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
There are zero video game movies worth anything at all as far as I know. Well except maybe the first Mortal Kombat movie. It's hilariously cheesy. Most video game movies are self serious and dull. And poorly written. When the second most fun you've had watching a video game movie was watching Uwe Boll's House of the Dead movie, it's time to pack it up for that useless abomination of a sub genre. /grumpy movie snob rant.

Anway, this evening I finally got around to watching The Name of the Rose. Just ****ing fantastic! Atmosphere in spades and a cleverly written crime mystery, heavily tied in with religious themes. Setting the story in a secluded monastery in the time of the inquisition leads to all sorts of interesting thematic shadings and interesting characters. Lots of memorable characters in the movie as well - not just Sean Connery's detective monk.

9/10 - totally worth watching. I'm certain most of you in here would actually really like it.
Have you read the book?
The movie is retarded, watered down hollywood **** compared to it.
I'm not even one of those books over movies guys, I try to enjoy both on their terms but this is just nah.