Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #12536 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I took karate, I don't need no gun.
Give it back
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I don't have a gun and I don't mind relying on the police, and I don't disagree with gun regulations, but the idea that my own safety should be farmed out still reeks of 1st world complacency that is only possible so long as Western civilization remains stable. It's a mentality that is allowed to exist because it can be allowed to exist rather than what would be reasonable in any other time and place in history. TBH it's perfectly reasonable that people would be slow to adjust.
What about throughout history? Kings protecting their subjects, knights, city watch, all that? It's not new.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post

I said the real left
Is that short for Elphenor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Why I outta.....

Who cut Kermit in half? Serves him right for having an assault rifle I guess.
Quote:
Last week the guy next to me's psycho 35 year old son was outside ranting and raving and breaking windows trying to get into his dad's RV. Dad was out of town at the time. I live in the land of miss-fit toys. Cali is long overdue for a massive earthquake. Plus, if I ever do snap, it'll make hunting all you ****ers down much, much easier.
I'm betting I'd be too small fry for you to cough up the money for plane fare to Ireland?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
because you put yourself at more danger owning one than "depriving" yourself of one

if you just like guns, then that's a good reason to own a gun, but for defense it's not reliable

in the event of an assault present possibility that you just get shot with your own gun after getting an ass beating
Also you might get less sympathy in court: "He was carrying a gun, asking for trouble"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I think of gun enthusiasts the same way I think about idiots with gigantic lifted pickups.

You want gun protection.. get a full auto tricked out paintball gun and blast a motherfucker with 500 rounds in 10 seconds. You can keep the frozen ammo in your mini fridge's freezer with your ice cream sandwiches.
Now that sounds like fun!
Quote:
Says who? You got stats or is this just your own personal hunch?

Says who? You got stats or is this just your own personal hunch?

I'd wager that the number of extremely responsible gun owners far outweighs the number of idiots with guns. You'd also be surprised at the large number of people you come across in your daily life that own a gun(s).

About a third of adult Americans own a gun.

Side note: Going to a range and shooting stuff is pretty damn fun!
Would it be correct to say (I have no stats of course so it's just a personal hunch) that a large percentage of gun owners don't carry? Leave it at home?
Quote:
What about chicks with dozens of tattoos?
Tattoos don't kill people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
I was banting with Chula but you can be an idiot with a gun and not shoot someone with it. Doesn't make you an "extremely responsible" gun owner just cos you haven't shot someone.
If you shot someone them you would be responsible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You can't shoot an earthquake, Chula.

Tell Texans that. Oh no that was a hurricane wasn't it?