Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 08:30 AM   #12576 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I know it’s tradition to ask but under this administration if want to fly the flag half assed just do it. Putin is being buried at Arlington cemetery.
And he's not even dead! He's that hard....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
It's only a matter of time before someone throws a kitchen knife into a crowd.
And twenty people scramble to make the perfect salad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Tool:

1. A handheld device that aids in accomplishing a task.
2. Something (such as an instrument or apparatus) used in performing an operation or necessary in the practice of a vocation or profession

- hunting
- target practice
- sporting competition
- hobby
- self defense

gun shop owners and people who carry around large amounts (to name two) are professions in California where it's legal to carry a gun on you for self defense.

In the right hands guns are extremely safe. I've had mine for over 6-7 years now. First thing was I took training where I bought it. Then I had to take an extensive to show I know all of the safety rules. Then I bought fake bullets (hard plastic) to practice loading, unloading, proper handling, taking it apart clean it and just getting comfortable with it in my hand.

I then had to show the owner that I knew what I was doing before I got a sign off to buy real bullets. Then went to the range a couple of times to get comfortable shooting it and practice my aim.

Trust me, the range supervisor who walks back and forth behind everyone will chew you are new ass he he sees you doing anything wrong. I've seen it. They take gun safety extremely serious for obvious reasons.
Chula, I don't think anyone's saying you carry your gun for anything other than defence, but calling it a tool when it is clearly only intended for one specific purpose is keeping the blinders on. What else can a gun be used for? What else is a gun designed for? What is the intention of just about anyone who goes buying a gun? Hard to argue this one.