Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 01:59 PM   #10488 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

I made a new Steam account two weeks ago. Here's what I've put on my plate since. There's a handful there that I haven't played yet, but generally, I've managed to both spend very little money and get a lot of really interesting games.
The only one I didn't like so far was One More Dungeon (think of it as a fantasy rogue-like with Minecraft-esque graphics that plays like Wolfenstein 3D). Seemed like it would be right up my alley, but it's a very shallow and boring game.
Found a bunch of favorites as well (listed to the left). The thing that I find most refreshing about getting back to PC gaming is all of the small indie games, really. There's so many games out there I've never even heard of! It's very exciting for me, since I've been feeling that gaming was getting sort of stale for a long while now. The last thing I want to play now is any sort of even remotely big-studio game.

A few, short thoughts on specific games:

Ubermosh

Bought the whole series for less than 2 euro... it feels like straight up stealing from the developer. Just one of these games would easily be worth many times the price I payed for all five. Super intense twitch shooting that makes all other similar games I've ever played feel like a walk in the park. On average, I manage to survive for 20-30 seconds... It's great

Dream Quest

One of those games where you absolutely have to play it to get it. Doesn't look like much, but this card-based rogue-like is quite cleverly designed and makes up for its rudimentary graphics and sparse sound design with interesting, tactical gameplay.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote