Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 08:26 PM   #36417 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
If I'm not too tired when I get home I'll think of a good list of local stuff to look for. Bear Republic might be more prominent where you are.
You remember I'm in El Cajon right next to the 8 and the Alpine border?

My beer story. Back in 1977 when Smokey and The Bandit came out, no-one had heard of Coors and it wasn't sold anywhere. One of the my buds' dads had a friend who had a friend who arraigned to have half a dozen cases flown out to Boston (on ice) from the Golden Colorado factory. My old 3 piece band blew through a case and it was amazing. By the time it made it's way out here officially, a couple of years later, it had had the life sucked out of it.

Also visited the Bud plant in New Hampshire and it had this large viewing room that overlooked the brewery. There was a huge stainless steel vat that had a hose running right up to the observation room. You could draw a small cup right from the vat. It was warm, but again amazing. Straight up brew with no post processing. Pretty sure the ingredients that they were using back then were of higher quality than now.

Even with all of the evolution of specialty beers, micro brews, etc. Those are still two of my fave (taste wise) beer memories.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”

Last edited by Chula Vista; 07-04-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote