Music Banter - View Single Post - 4 Negative Things About Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #43 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I think jokes are gray area. But then there's the preemptive refusal to apologize. That kind of makes it all worse. I'm touching the hot potato now. I said I wouldn't. Stopping it now!
^ Yep, Batlord's original post was just a poor-taste, unfunny joke. We've all made mistakes when we post comments, and when we do the best policy is to apologise and move on. When it became clear how upset Trollheart was, I think apologizing would've been the decent thing for Batlord to do. It would've demonstrated that Batlord put a higher value on Trollheart's peace of mind than on the spurious right to make extremely dubious personal "jokes".

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
The problem is that Frown was present and didn't ban him. If I'd ban him now that'd... *giggles* undermine Frown's credibility and... au... *bursts into laughter* ...thority (Let me finish!) as a mod. Heh
^ This pinpoints a concern I have about Frownland's wearing of the blue. He's an interesting and prolific poster, which means he's often the first on the scene when something contentious goes down. But simply because his user name is blue, it looks as though his attitude is MB policy, whether Frownland intends it that way or not.

TBH, @ Frownland, I would hate to disrupt our amicable relationship, but have you ever considered voluntarily stepping down as a mod? It would free you up to make your particular brand of intellectually austere comments without being shackled by any obligation to police the threads. After all, one job of the mod, I presume, is to keep members and to keep members happy. As you've prob noticed, that priority is often in conflict with your own cerebral, dispassionate approach. I think this case is an example of that; there are several regular members who aren't happy that not one word has been said to censure Batlord, and you are not even throwing us a crumb as far as I can see.

Well, I suppose "I like you TH" could be considered a crumb, but still, you get my point, right?