Music Banter - View Single Post - Listen with Trollheart
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 02:15 PM   #88 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Using a new icon here. The sailing ship represents a real discovery, a real find, some album or artist which I am going to end up totally getting into.

Act V: Hymns With the Devil in Confessional – The Dear Hunter
Genre: Prog Rock/Symphonic Rock

Never heard these guys before, but once this album started I knew I dug it. I'm a lot behind the curve here, as this is the fifth instalment of six concept albums all telling one long story, so I can't get the plot, but there's plenty to enjoy in this album on its own merits, though I expect after this I will end up listening to not only the last four albums in this series, but the rest of The Dear Hunter's discography too. Quite varied, with some jazz and indie rock in here as well as prog, even forties swing or big band or whatever the hell they played back then (“Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy” - whatever that is). Highly impressed. I think if/when it's possible for me to follow the storyline through the six albums I'll be even moreso. Just became a fan through this album anyway.

Note: since writing this I've been listening to this album almost constantly. Definitely a fan now.