Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club: "Vitium" by Sukekiyo
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Personally, being so behind as I am, I'm using a new mini-matrix to review the albums. Anyone who wants to use it from now on is welcome: I'll add it to the OP.

Any sort of familiarity with this album/artist, or are both entirely new to you? I only know of Dir En Grey, and that through of course MicShaz. Not familiar with any side-projects of any of the band members.
Expectations (if any): Hard to say. I doubt I'll hate it though.
Initial impression: Decent rock/metal with sort of post-hardcore overtones, especially in some of the vocals
Favourite track(s): "Leather Field", "Foster Mother", "Ameagari No Yuushi", "Maniera", "Focus"
Least favourite track(s): "Hakuro", "Celeste"
Overall impression: Decent album. Not blown away by it or anything, but not bad.
Chances of listening to further material from this artist? I wouldn't be averse.
Rating (not mandatory): 6/10
Comments: The same as the other two times I listened to it, unfortunately. It really isn't keeping my attention. I'm now on the fourth track and I didn't even realise. Mind you, the digital piano in "Foster Mother" is really nice. Picking up now. Not bad at all in the end.