Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Video Game Classics: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I don't think I ever finished the game cause it's actually kinda hard later in the game but god damn do I remember everything I did do. The artwork was breathtaking and amazingly immersive, that ****ing **** Baby Mario with that hideous cry that sent you into hysterics when you were down to 10 stars, the amazing vehicle transformations, the mini-games you got to play when you put a key into those huts, the sprawling levels that you simply had to explore every inch of, the castles that made SMW1's castles seem lame by comparison. God damn was that game on a whole 'nother level from any Mario game that came before. How the **** can anyone rep Super Mario Bros. 1 without then going on to say how Yoshi's Island was the best though. I'm assuming it's simply because it came at the end of the SNES's life cycle and got overshadowed by the N64 and Playstation. ****ing 6/5.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote