Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 12:02 PM   #10531 (permalink)
MicShazam
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
@MicShazam

So I was looking at threads on Gamefaqs about 360 mech games cause they're probably my top genre of games that I have next to zero experience in but desperately want to dive into head first and I saw mention that Front Mission Evolved was more slowly paced than Armored Core. So assuming you've played it is that more along the lines of lumbering behemoths that make your controller vibration feel like doom metal? Cause I want that in my life.
Front Mission Evolved is **** and makes baby Jesus cry.

They totally betrayed the origins of the series (a deep, story oriented turn based strategy game. Front Mission 3 on PS1 is a very good game), by turning it into a profoundly half assed, janky feeling third person shooter. I'm not even exaggerating. Despite appearances, it's really just low-rent Gears of War. Play GOW instead, frankly. It's even more slow and lumbering. Just imagine that Marcus Phoenix is a robot or something.

I've probably played most mech games available on PS1, 2 and Xbox 360. The only good ones were various Armored Core games, Mech Warrior 2 on PS1 and GunGriffon Blaze on PS2. I really, really want there to be more good games like this, but it just haven't been the most console friendly genre. Mech Warrior 2 is even much better on PC if I'm being honest.

Yet another edit: I personally bundle these games mentally with other vehicle oriented action/simulation games, so I'd also recommemnd Panzer Front on PS1 (a tank game) and Sub Rebellion on PS2 (a very cool, obscure and underrated sub-marine game).

Last edited by MicShazam; 07-08-2018 at 12:08 PM.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote