Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's Video Game Classics: Pokemon Red / Blue / Fire Red / Leaf Green
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
That whole Pokemon thing happened a bit late for me. My younger brother was into it, but I grew up with He-Man and Ninja Turtles and Magic the Gathering instead.

I do like the idea of a turn based game in the style of these, so I don't know. Could be my type of thing. But really, so many of these video game classics entries presume you grew up with Nintendo, and I very much didn't.
Bruh Pokemon is amazing. RPGs are great but an RPG where you have literally hundreds of options to make a team while doubling as pets is ****ing crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiiii View Post
Solid lineup.
I think my first team was Venusaur, Dragonite, Alakazam (found a random person with a link cable), Raichu, Arcanine, and Gyarados, and that was the only team I ever went to level 100 with cause afterward I just wanted to restart constantly cause restarting Pokemon is one of life's great joys. And eventually after playing so many games I levitated to Pokemon with the highest stats and now that Fire Red team is my most nostalgic. I just wish I had two GBA's so I could get Alakazam and Scizzor. Scyther is great but definitely the weakest link in my team. Its just so ****ing cool though. Easily the coolest Pokemon of all-time.

Also Gyarados is the most overrated Pokemon ever. Yeah it's beast but it's a water type (a special attack-based type) with mediocre special attack but high regular attack even though it doesn't even have particularly good attack moves. That is stupid.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote