Music Banter - View Single Post - The Rest in Peace Thread (RIP)
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #4241 (permalink)
Key

Found out yesterday that one of the two people that helped me graduate from high school passed away in his sleep two nights ago. He was my vice principal at my high school.

Now for a bit of back story: Basically, when I was a senior in high school, I had been told in the last few months of my senior year that since I didn't pass the reading comprehension part of the WASL test, I wasn't going to graduate. My vice principal (Mr Anderson) and my English teacher back in my senior did everything in their power to make sure that I walked to get my diploma. And through a lot of different things I had to do in terms of doing worksheets etc etc, I was finally able to graduate with my graduating class. Coincidentally, the English teacher that had helped me get to that point also passed away about a year after I graduated because she had a brain tumor that she didn't know about until it was too late.

So, this post is also to let both of them know that I am forever in their debt for helping me get to the point where I was going to be able to graduate. There was a time when I honestly didn't think I was going to, and Mr Anderson along with my English teacher are to thank for that.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote