Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 04:45 PM   #194 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
^ That's interesting to learn! We have an occasional poster who lives in Tokyo, I think, doing the same thing.
From what I've heard the money is good but everything else about life in Japan seems to score a negative, including the attitude of students in an ESL class: too deferential. But perhaps with your experience in US schools you were just lapping that up!!

and yes, Bangladeshi civilians are much more vulnerable. No real defenses, afaik, and not even effective warning systems in place
I did all kind of work in Japan. Taught elementary, junior high, kindergarten- some in public school, some in private, then tutoring, helping professional people prepare speeches in English for business trips abroad. I taught at an airport - weather monitors - meteorologists I guess, who had to communicate in English. I worked for Toyota- business English. I taught one class with just nurses.

Then I came to America and worked at schools where teachers get cussed out by students everyday, teachers periodically assaulted by students, parents use profanity and cuss out teachers in the car line. One guy was cussing and got out of his car and was posturing like he was going to hit another teacher. I walked up and said “get the **** back in your car” and he did. But yeah I got written up for being unprofessional. I was like fine he was flexing up like he was going to hit a woman. I was just flying on instinct. Another teacher at that school was assualted multiple time by a violent student. Beautiful Latina woman only like 40. It left her with partial facial paralysis.

So seriously

Japan was a relative utopia

Teaching in America is **** work - the worst

Teachers are expected to be the punching bag for frustrated blacks. It’s bull****.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote